There’s a new Tekken 7 update, as patch 5.10 and its official notes are here. Bandai Namco went over everything people can expect from the update. While there are some new items, like the new Tekken Character Panel Set, most adjust or add features to the game. For example, there’s a Tekken 7 Streaming Mode for privacy purposes. There are also character selection quality of life adjustments.
The Tekken 7 Streaming Mode update for people playing online. Normally, playing a fighting game in versus can show both players’ Gamertag or PSN ID to people watching. This new mode removes that. While your information will still be shown, the person you are playing against’s will not. This applies to the Ranked Match, Player Match, and Quick Match options. That way, some random person you are fighting who can’t give consent won’t have their identity exposed.
Here are the full 5.10 patch notes for the new Tekken 7 update, from Bandai Namco’s site.
- Addition of New Customisation Items: We added the Ver. 5.10 Character Panel Set.
- Addition of Streaming Mode: We added Streaming Mode in Game Options. When Streaming Mode is switched on, the online ID/gamertag of the opponent on the VS screen and the battle screen in Ranked Match, Player Match, and Quick Match will change to the character name.
- Expanded Character Selection Features: Players can now register their favorite character and costume combination and select it with one button. We also added a feature that remembers the last costume that was selected until the game is closed.
- Modified Tournament Settings: We made some modifications to the Tournament Settings in Game Options. When Tournament Settings are switched on, players will not be able to use the following character selection features in the Versus Battle: “Favorite” settings, Character costume selection, Saving of last costume selected
- Updated Connection Status Info Display: We made the following changes to the connection status info display: Connection status info display format updated, Text color in some parts of the display updated to show sync status, Info added on the processing load of the PCs used in the match
Tekken 7 is available in arcades and on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and people can now update to patch 5.10. Tekken 8 is in development for the PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X.