505 Games and Terraria creator and developer Andrew Spinks of Re-Logic announced that the game will be headed to Wii U on June 28 in North America and June 24 in Europe. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]
The side-scrolling action adventure title Terraria has enjoyed plenty of success throughout various platforms and the game is headed to Wii U this June.
For the Wii U version, the team is adding “intuitive touchscreen controls to allow players easy access to the world of Terraria, as well as several multiplayer options such as four-player local split-screen co-op and eight-player online multiplayer.”
Players will also get to post achievements on Miiverse leaderboards to track progress. Here are some additional notes on the upcoming Wii U version of the game:
- 14 different environments such as eerie dungeons, slippery ice wastes, wild jungles and more;
- Hundreds of craftable weapons, armor and items;
- More than 150 enemies ranging from zombies to armies of goblins;
- Epic boss battles that test players’ combat skills;
- Vast worlds of exploration that introduce new potions, magic, gear and more.
And finally, here’s a look at Terraria’s Wii U trailer: