An announcement video posted on Twitter, starring McMillen and his wife, Danielle McMillen, a new The Binding of Isaac game was announced. It is called The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls. Rather than a video game, it seems like it might be some kind of board or card game.
— Mrs. McMillen (@Danielleorama) June 25, 2018
Here are all of The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls bits of information revealed by Edmund McMillen on Twitter so far.
- It is not a console, PC or mobile game, but “it can be played on something almost everyone owns.”
- The game is a kind McMillen has not made before.
- It is a multiplayer game.
- It features Fans of Isaac artwork.
- It is not a battle royale game.
- It is a social game that could inspire hate or love.
- Edmund McMillen, Danielle McMillen and Tyler Glaiel all had input on it.
- One of the first images McMillen posted regarding it on Twitter had Isaac, Magdalene, Cain and Judas on it and the tagline, “Are you sure you want us to die?”
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is available on the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, PC and Apple iOS devices.