NIS America shared the latest trailer for The Caligula Effect: Overdose, the updated version of the Aquaria-developed RPG The Caligula Effect, featuring a look at its characters and school setting.
Mobius. An idyllic world that exists for the sake of letting people forget about the pain and problems of reality. In this world created by a sentient vocaloid program, μ (Mu), reality and fantasy has become blurred, allowing people to relive their high school years in bliss. Yet in this seemingly beautiful and perfect world, something is amiss. Escape from this false paradise with your fellow students and return to reality in The Caligula Effect: Overdose!
- The Caligula Effect: Overdose boasts enhanced visuals and gameplay. Explore new scenarios, endings, and the “Forbidden Musician Route” while escaping the virtual world of Mobius.
- Play as the newly added female protagonist. Plus, meet two new members of the Go-Home Club, who each have their own new Ostinato Musician to face.
- Turn-based battle meets exhilarating action in this refined JRPG battle system. Develop a flawless strategy after using the Imaginary Chain to predict what your enemies will do next.
- Sometimes, it’s hard to go it alone. Befriend over 500 other students in this imaginary paradise to improve your skills in battle and ultimately return to reality.
- Enjoy original in-game Japanese voices and English text.
The Caligula Effect: Overdrive launches in North America and Europe in early 2019 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game is currently available in Japan. The original version is available on the PlayStation Vita.