Falcom announced in the Japanese release date of The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki in this week’s Famitsu magazine. The devs also shared a few tidbits on its characters and a combat system called “Variant Age” in the magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
The first new feature today is the “Variant Age” combat system. This is an extremely powerful attack that you can use when there are five or more members in your party. Furthermore, it recovers HP and BP for the party to go with the heavy damage against the enemy.
You can charge the Variant Age meter by simply destroying objects on the field. If you fill-up the meter enough, you can pull off a Variant Age about three or four times in a battle. You can have up to 10 party members participate in a Variant Age, and its effects increase based on the number of characters in the mix.
Below are some tidbits on the characters:
- Arios Maclaine (CV: Toshiyuki Morikawa) – Will be active in Crossbell together with Lynn, Scott, and Aeolia.
- Rixia Mao (CV: Rina Sato) – Now a full-fledged artist. She participates as a main party member but is otherwise devoted to her art.
- Zeit (CV: Osamu Ryutani) – Has more of an appearance of a dog.
- Ilya Platière (CV: Yu Asakawa) – We’ll see more of Ilya than we did in The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki and The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki.
- Matteus Vander (CV: Rikiya Koyama) – He’ll connect with Rean differently than his wife Aurier.
- Aurier Vander (CV: Yukana) – She looks strong and scary.
- F. Novartis (CV: Mitsuaki Madono) – Will appear along with Vita Clotilde.
Lastly, here are some screenshots from Famitsu:
The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki will release for the PlayStation 4 in Japan on August 27, 2020. Check our previous report for a look at the latest batch of screenshots featuring Rean Schwarzer and others from Class VII.