A new Harmonix game has been announced and, as you might expect, it is a music-based title. Fuser will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Fall 2020. Its official website confirmed that there will be a campaign that will let you DJ at festivals, a multiplayer mode where you can work with or against others on the ”best” mixes, and a Freestyle option in which you can make songs without any goals or restrictions.
In terms of gameplay, Fuser seems like it will resemble another Harmonix game: DropMix. Each song will have four color-coded parts to it. You will have a board with four color-coded areas. When a song would be placed in a position, it would play the element of the track connected to that color. This could be its vocals, lead guitar, bass, or percussion. The choices you make will determine the pace and set the mood for the track.
Here’s one video showing how song elements will be able to drop in or out.
And here’s a video showing how you could completely change the feel of a song.
16 Fuser songs have been revealed so far. Supposedly, over 100 will be available in this Harmonix game.
- “All Star” by Smash Mouth
- “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish
- “Better Now” by Post Malone
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
- “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult
- “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers with Daya
- “Good as Hell” by Lizzo
- “In da Club” by 50 Cent
- “Mi Gente” by J. Balvin and Willy William
- “Old Town Road (Remix)” by Lil Nas X with Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO with Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
- “Regulate” by Warren G and Nate Dogg
- “Rock the Casbah” by The Clash
- “The Rockafeller Skank” by Fatboy Slim
- “Stir Fry” by Migos
- “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons