Nippon Ichi Software and Acquire are working on a new survival adventure game called To All Mankind that features five girls who wake up to Akihabara covered in vegetation and they must find a way to survive as the last humans around.
This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine provides us with additional details on its five main characters and some of its gameplay features.
Here are some details on the five girls, from left to right:
- Kyoka Shinto – Protagonist (CV: Sato Mana) -The mood-maker who always has an energetic smile on her face. She prefers manga and anime over difficult books, and occasionally shows a bit of an otaku side of her.
- Isana Shoni (CV: Yukino Tsubaki) – The mother figure of the group. She’s excellent at cooking and it is thanks to her that they’re all able to enjoy tasty food while surviving.
- Erina Kashi (CV: Nanahira) – A pure gamer. However, in this Akihabara she can’t play her games so she’s been anxious about missing out on login bonuses.
- Kazumi Komatsu (CV: Sana Hoshimori) – Rivals Kyoka when it comes to being an energetic girl. She lives off her instinct and is an older sister-figure of the group.
- Yuyuko Oura (CV: Mina Nakazawa) – A quarter French girl characterized by her soft hair. She likes to read and is always looking to learn more. She’ll use her vast knowledge to help when you’re in a pinch.
As previously detailed, the girls were originally going to Akihabara for some sightseeing, but they wake up in their hotel and find themselves in a completely empty world without another soul to be found.
In order to survive, you’ll need to start out by gathering material. By exploring the city you can acquire various tools from mountains of debris, and from there you’ll increase the things that you can do, such as starting fires, catching wild animals, and more.
For example, you can make a hoe and then plant all kinds of vegetables. Or you can make a fishing line and visit the Kanda River to do some fishing.
With five girls living together you’ll see all kinds of different events during their survival life, such as bothering each other on the bed, accidentally walking in on showers, and various other “happenings.”
The above is a look at Yuyuko Oura performing some of her strange experiments. She says it has something to do thermite reaction.
To All Mankind releases in Japan on May 30, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.