Bandai Namco announced that the latest Tokyo Ghoul smartphone game, called Tokyo Ghoul :re invoke in Japan, is coming Westward this fall as Tokyo Ghoul [:re birth].
Here’s the announcement trailer from Bandai Namco:
The massively popular anime series “Tokyo Ghoul” has been made into a smartphone game!
Create teams of your favorite characters and join the battle of “Ghoul” vs. “Human”!
- Characters from Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ghoul √A, and Tokyo Ghoul:re all make an appearance!
Haise Sasaki and Quinx from the latest season, Tokyo Ghoul:re, join the fight alongside Ken Kaneki, Kisho Arima, and other popular characters from the first two seasons of the anime!
- Beautiful anime visuals that combine 2D illustrations with 3D models!
2D illustrative portraits have been specially drawn for this game!
Moving 3D models take over in battle, with voice-overs and illustrations appearing when you use skills!
- 6-person tap-combo battle system!
Choose from over 100 characters and form a team of 6 split with 3 in the front line and 3 in the rear!
Deal consecutive attacks using skills and character switches to achieve combos!
- In-depth levelling system!
Power up your characters and upgrade their kagune and quinque to get special abilities!
Gather items to upgrade your weapons and strengthen your characters!
- “Ghoul” and “Human” struggle for power in “Territory Battle”!
Each season, players are split into “Ghoul” and “Human” and fight for control over the wards of Tokyo through battles and “Dispatch”!
- Battle other players in “Strike”!
Defeat the enemy team and get ranking rewards!
- Fight powerful enemies in the extreme battle, “Raid”!
Face tough enemies such as Rate SS Ghouls and Special Class Investigators!
Tokyo Ghoul [:re birth] launches in the West in Fall 2018 for iOS and Android. Those of you on Android can pre-register here.