Koei Tecmo revealed Toukiden 2 as an upcoming open-world hunting game title for PS4, PS3, and Vita during the SCEJA Press Conference 2015. Key developers in Kenichi Ogasawara and Takashi Morinaka shared more in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
- In order to make Toukiden into a new “poster title” for Koei Tecmo, they felt that it would be best to make a sequel sooner than later.
- With the thought of having more immersion in the game, they decided to make it into an open-world title.
- Toukiden 2 takes place in the same world and era of the first game.
- You’ll get to play comfortably online, and also increase the multiplayer population, but there will be some sort of requirements.
- Cross-play and cross-save will be available.
- Koei Tecmo want to be able to get feedback on the game through demos as they’ve done in the past with the series.
Toukiden 2 will release in 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.