Koei Tecmo announced today that their upcoming open-world action game Toukiden 2 will release in Japan on June 30, 2016, along with a bunch of new info, including a peek at its character creation. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
First, here’s a look at some of its detailed character creation samples:
Additionally they shared a look at Mitama leveling up in real-time and communication stamps that can be used for online multiplayer.
As for the release announcement, Toukiden 2 will be available for 7,800 yen for the retail and digital versions on PS4 and PS3. The PS Vita version will go for 6,800 for both physical and digital, all plus tax.
Koei Tecmo is also preparing the “Treasure Box” version for the game. It features an image collection, original soundtrack, character illustration clear files (x9), and a download code for a limited armor. This set will go for 11,800 yen plus tax for PS4 and PS3, and 10,800 plus tax for PS Vita.
The GameCity and Amazon exclusive sets will feature the same goods from the Treasure Box edition, and will add a set of 17 Slayer charms, two clear files, a code for an exclusive “Nyabraham Linnyan” Mitama as part of the set. They’ll go for 19,800 yen plus tax for PS4 and PS3, and 18,800 yen plus tax for PS Vita.
The above is a look at some other store-exclusive Mitamas. Additionally, the PlayStation 4 demo will be available starting April 11. PlayStation Plus subscribers and NicoNico Douga Premium users will get the download three days in advance and can sign up here from March 26 through 27 at 11:59pm JST. A PS Vita demo is being prepared, and they’ll have it available as soon as it’s ready.
PS Plus subscribers will get a special avatar as a present.
Shoko Nakagawa will voice the new character Gwen.
Here are some additional details that were discussed during the event:
- Having save data from Toukiden or Toukiden Kiwami will result in something good; however, there won’t be any equipment carry-overs.
- The Oni’s health will be less than what we saw in the Kiwami update. It’ll be at a difficulty that won’t get in the way of the story, but its multiplayer difficulty is being adjusted. Powerful Oni are being prepared for end-game content.
- Tenko will certainly appear as part of some sort of function.
- You’ll get to see some characters from the previous game here and there.
- There will be purification ceremonies.
- This time, you’ll get to have sound in PS4 broadcasts.
- There will be six domains with their own characteristics. The castle that was in the background of the previous game will also be in there.
They also announced that Studio 4C is making a promotion anime and manga for the game. The manga serialization will begin starting on Dengeki Maou’s August issue, which will release on June 27, 2016. Illustrations will be done by Tousen, Yu Hijikata, and Yoshisada Tsutsumi.
Additionally, they’re having a “Mitama Design Contest” and winners will have their original Mitama appear in the game.
Toukiden 2 will release in Japan on June 30 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.