Nintendo announced the latest on their partnership with Universal, revealing that Nintendo areas will be headed to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort, and Universal Studios Hollywood.
The creative visionaries behind Nintendo’s worlds and characters are working together with the creative teams behind Universal’s theme park attractions with the goal of bringing the characters, action, and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks.
Here are some more notes from the press release:
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games – this time in real life.
- There will be something for everyone – regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
The new themed areas come as a result of a global partnership between Universal and Nintendo, two icons of the entertainment world.
Here’s a message from Shigeru Miyamoto:
“We are constantly amazed how the park developers are bringing the essence of our games to life in the real world. Together, we are building it with an eye for what the guests will actually experience. We are working very hard to create attractions that can be equally enjoyable to anybody regardless of age. Since we’re really bringing the world to life I think Mario will feel like he finally came home!”
The Universal theme parks will announce details on the upcoming Nintendo areas in an announcement, soon.