Last year at E3 2017, Sony revealed a line of PlayLink games for the PlayStation 4. These titles would allow a group of people to play together on the system, using their Android or Apple iOS devices as controllers. Now, just ahead of E3 2018, seven more games have been announced for the lineup via the PlayStation Blog. Most notable are adaptations of the board game Ticket to Ride and card game Uno.
Here are the seven PlayLink PlayStation 4 games that will be arriving in 2018.
- Chimparty: This is an minigame collection with 18 games where people use chimps as playable characters. It was made by NapNok Games, the developer of Frantics, another PlayLink game.
- Just Deal with It!: This lets people lay Blackjack, Crazy Eights, Hearts, Poker and Rummy either locally or online. Apparently, you can team up with other players and launch attacks on one another with some sorts of skills.
- Knowledge is Power: Decades: This second Knowledge is Power game focuses on trivia taken from the 1980’s, 1990’s, 2000’s and 2010’s.
- Melbits World: This is a rhythmic puzzle platformer where people work together to guide Melbits through levels, helping them get seeds and avoid enemies while they do.
- Ticket to Ride: This is an adaptation of a board game where you collect cards and claim routes across the country to connect cities and fulfill Destination Tickets. The more routes you complete, the more points you earn.
- Uno: This is the classic card game where people can play against three friends locally in Classic Play or House Rules modes.
- WordHunters: This is apparently a minigame collection centered around words and wordplay.
The immediately available PlayLink PlayStation 4 games are Frantics, Hidden Agenda, Knowledge is Power and That’s You!.