Aquaplus announced a new game for the Utawarerumono series with its very first mobile game called Utawarerumono: Lost Flag. President Naoya Shimokawa shared more detials in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Below are highlights from the interview with Aquaplus president Naoya Shimokawa:
- Suzuri (CV: Yu Ayase) – Works in cremation, wears a mourning dress.
- The theme of the game is about things that its characters have lost.
- The reason its subtitle is written in katakana is because its platform is different from the other titles.
- (On the reason they went with smartphones) Naoya Shimokawa: “Because we want to have as many people possible play the game. There was also a lot of demand from fans.”
- Leading into the development of future Utawarerumono console games, Shimokawa says he feels that smartphones are a good platform they can’t ignore.
- In Utawarerumono: Lost Flag we’ll get to check out countries and regions we’ve yet to see. However, it is hinted that they may appear somewhat familiar with actual places in the real-world, but not exactly.
- The protagonist Akuta is said to give a much different impression compared to past protagonists.
- Minagi and Suzuri both have some kind of duty in the game, and their outfits might be a hint as to what they are.
- Fans can look forward to seeing the appearance of many characters from the series.
- The genre is RPG, and its gameplay is being made so that it can be played with ease while not tarnishing the Utawarerumono image.
- Naoya Shimokawa: “There are other projects in the works other than Utawarerumono: Lost Flag. And of course there are console titles in there, so please look forward to it.”
Utawarerumono: Lost Flag is in development for iOS and Android.