VA-11 HALL-A developer Sukeban Games recently asked fans to leave questions for them to answer on Twitter, in commemoration of the game’s second anniversary of release. They also revealed a few more details about their new game, which was originally teased during New Year’s 2017.
Here are the highlights:
- Sukeban Games are unlikely to return to VA-11 HALL-A, as they want to experiment more with different games, and development on that game took a toll on the team. However, VA-11 HALL-A KIDS may see some sort of continuation, who knows?
- The shoot-em-up minigame was hard because Sukeban Games stopped working on it as soon as kiririn51’s nephew was able to beat it, except for removing outright impossible parts.
- The game took two years to develop, and nothing was cut except for training mode, because they ran out of time from a self-imposed deadline. They also forgot to include some patrons.
- Sukeban Games are currently working on a new title, and they had showed off a tiny bit of gameplay, showing that the game will be in low-poly 3D. Here’s the gameplay screenshot below:
ICYMI: we talk briefly about #SGNextGame and answer some of your burning questions. More to come at a later date
— Sukeban Games (@SukebanGames) August 25, 2018
Here are things that Sukeban Games can confirm about the game:
- It’s comfy
- Most of the characters are women
- The protagonist is indeed the coolest and has sharp-ass teeth
The reason for why it’s taken so long to make the game is that this is Sukeban Games’ first time working with 3D, so they had to learn a lot of things from scratch. The codename for the next game is… NEXT GAME.
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action releases on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Q1 2019. The game is currently available on PC via Steam, and on PlayStation Vita. Read Only Memories is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita.