Ubisoft made an official Watch Dogs 2 announcement today, revealing that the game will release on November 15, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Here’s a look at its cinematic reveal trailer and more.
Watch Dogs 2 Trailer: Cinematic Reveal
Watch Dogs 2 Trailer: Marcus Character Introduction
Watch Dogs 2: World Premiere Announcement
Key Features of Watch Dogs 2:
- Welcome to the San Francisco Bay Area – Explore a massive and dynamic open world offering an incredible variety of gameplay possibilities. Hack your way through traffic while you engage in dangerous car chases through the winding streets of San Francisco, traverse the rooftops of the colorful and vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland, and infiltrate the cutting-edge offices of Silicon Valley companies. There are many secrets to uncover in the birthplace of the tech revolution.
- Hacking is Your Weapon – Hack into the city’s infrastructure, every connected device, and everyone’s personal database. Take control of drones, cars, cranes, security robots, and much more. Hack your enemies and bystanders alike – manipulate them in different ways to trigger unpredictable chains of events. Every person, any vehicle they might drive, and any connected device they possess can be hacked.
- You are in CTRL – Use hacking and stealth to complete missions without killing a single enemy, or combine hacking and your weapons for a more ferocious approach. Develop different skills to suit your playstyle, and upgrade your hacker tools – RC cars, Quadcopter drones, 3D-printed weapons, and much more.
- Seamlessly Connect with Friends – Stay connected to your friends with a brand new seamless multiplayer experience that includes both Co-op and Player vs. Player activities, all available in a shared open world experience.
Here are more details from the press release:
Players enter a massive and dynamic open world environment set in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is the latest city to adopt ctOS 2.0, an advanced operating system networking the city infrastructure, and in the wrong hands, ctOS 2.0 can be used to invasively control and manipulate everyday citizens.
Players will explore the birthplace of the tech revolution as Marcus Holloway, a brilliant young hacker who has fallen victim to ctOS 2.0’s predictive algorithms and is accused of a crime he did not commit. In Marcus’ quest to shut down ctOS 2.0 for good, hacking is the ultimate weapon, and players can not only hack into the city’s infrastructure but also every person and any connected device they possess to trigger unpredictable chains of events. With the ability to take control of drones, cars, cranes, security robots, and much more at their disposal, players can choose whether to use stealth hacking to complete missions without killing a single enemy or go guns blazing for a more ferocious approach. In this vast open world, players can hack their way through traffic while engaging in dangerous car chases through the winding streets of San Francisco, traverse the rooftops of the vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland, and infiltrate the offices of cutting-edge companies in Silicon Valley.
“Our creative team is working hard to deliver an outstanding Watch Dogs experience,” said Dominic Guay, senior producer, Ubisoft Montreal. “In Watch Dogs 2, we’re excited to give players a captivating storyline with engaging characters that offers deeper, more meaningful hacking options, a greater variety of gadgets and weapons, and a brand new seamless multiplayer experience that will appeal to fans of the original Watch Dogs as well as players new to the brand.”
In addition to the standard version, the following versions will also be available for pre-order:
- Deluxe Edition includes the Game, an exclusive sleeve, a San Francisco Map, lithographs and the Deluxe pack of digital customization items.
- Gold Edition includes the Game, the Deluxe pack and the Season Pass.
- San Francisco Edition with its Collector’s box, includes the game, extra digital content: The Deluxe pack and Zodiac killer mission, theMarcus Figurine, SF-themed laptop stickers, lithographs, and a San Francisco Map.
Watch Dogs 2 will release on November 15, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.