Nippon Ichi revealed in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine that Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is releasing in Japan in Winter 2017. Here are some more details on story and characters. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 takes place in a new world and features an original new story. The theme will revolve around “witch” and “illness.”
The player takes on the role of the Hundred Knight (CV: Kaoru Miazuhara) who was summoned by the witch “Cerca” and will fight under her command. However, unlike the previous title where there was only one master, this time around Hundred Knight will obey Mimuru’s older sister named Amelie. The story revolves around the two of Cerca and Mimuru.
Here are some character details:
Cerca (CV: Megumi Han): Cerca is the form Mimuru takes after awakening as a witch. In addition to having tremendous power, she tends to do whatever she feels like. Her awakening isn’t exactly complete, so she’ll occasionally go back to her Mimuru form.
Funinmugin (CV: Kenjiro Tsuda): Cerca’s familiar. He was originally a crow but was changed into a butler to take care of housework.
Mimuru (CV: Megumi Han): Amelie’s older sister. After getting infected by the “Witch Disease” that brings out a third eye on the forehead, she went through a failed operation that ended up awakening her as a witch.
Amelie (CV: Sachika Misawa): Mimuru’s younger sister. She belongs to an anti-witch organization called WR (Weissritter). She goes against the organization’s policy by defending her sister.
As far as character design goes, it’ll be handled by Madoka Hanashiro.
Here are some notes from the interview with director Kenta Asano:
- The development of Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 started because of the PlayStation 4 port of the first game. Since the previous game was favorably received, Nippon Ichi decided to work on it properly alongside the PS4 port.
- Everything from controls and comfort of playing will be renewed. Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 will have a system that matches its story better.
- As for the decision of changing director and character designs, it’s something that Nippon Ichi has thought about after completing Metallia’s story. They wanted to make a completely new Witch and the Hundred Knight.
- The story is completely different, and it won’t be connected to the previous game, so there won’t be any characters appear from the previous game. However, there are some elements that will bring a smile to those who played the previous game.
- As far as game volume goes, it will have more than the previous game.
- The basics parts of action will be the same as the previous game, but it’s also been changed to make things more comfortable and enjoyable. Facets and tactics were similar in the previous game, so they’ve added more variety to it. They’ve also made it so that you can switch between facets with ease.
- There won’t be any modes for extra content on the side, but since the story consists of maps that auto-generate, you’ll have plenty of playability there.
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 releases in Japan in Winter 2017 for PlayStation 4.