Microsoft went over the Xbox Game Pass additions for August 2021, and big names like Hades and Katamari Damacy Reroll are among them. Both games will join the service this month. In addition, both of them will be titles that people can play on their consoles, PCs, and via the Cloud. However, while both are joining, another is leaving. FFVII will no longer be part of Xbox Game Pass as of August 15, 2021.
Here’s the full list of what will join the Xbox Game Pass roster in August 2021 alongside Hades and the Katamari Damacy HD remaster.
- August 5th: Curse of the Dead Gods (cloud, console, and PC), Dodgeball Academia (cloud, console, and PC), Katamari Damacy Reroll (cloud, console, and PC), Lumines Remastered (cloud, console, and PC), Skate (console), Skate 3 (cloud), and Starmancer (PC)
- August 12th: Art of Rally (cloud, console, and PC)
- August 13th: Hades (cloud, console, and PC)
- August 17th: Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Premium Edition (PC)
As the list only covers up until August 17, 2021, Microsoft will likely share a second update later in the month.
As for FFVII, it is one of seven games leaving Xbox Game Pass this month. It will no longer be part of the console and PC libraries. Here’s the full list of games that will be removed during the first half of August 2021.
- Crossing Souls (PC) on August 15th
- Darksiders Genesis (cloud, console, PC) on August 15th
- Don’t Starve (cloud, console, PC) on August 15th
- Final Fantasy VII (console, PC) on August 15th
- Grand Theft Auto V (cloud, console) on August 8th
- Train Sim World 2020 (cloud, console, PC) on August 15th