Yakuza creator Toshihiro Nagoshi had a few things to tease about a new game he’s working on in the latest Sega Nama live stream, and he says it’ll be something completely unexpected. [Thanks, Hachima.]
You can catch the talk from Nagoshi at around the 1:59:55 mark of the video. Here are the highlights:
On whether things will quiet down now that Yakuza Online has been announced:
- “The next broadcast of Sega Nama after Tokyo Game Show will be a big one.”
- “I believe we’ll broadcast a topic that nobody is expecting.”
On the Yakuza series making some kind of big announcement during the PlayStation Conference before TGS or after with its own event, and whether we can expect something within the next month.
- “I see. I can only hint that it’ll be something completely different.”
On whether that means everyone will know by then next month
- “Yes. It’ll be new title announcement that’ll make people flip.”
- “If you include the planning stage, this title has taken about three years, and we can finally make an announcement to bring it out to the world.”
- “It’ll be somewhere between today and the next Sega Nama broadcast.”
The next Sega Nama takes place at the end of September, so that means we’ll find out about it sometime between now and then. TGS 2018 takes place from September 19 to 23, so it could be sometime before or after, depending on when Sega decides to make the announcement.