Yakuza Kiwami adds various new scenarios, mini-games, and systems as part of the “ultimate remake” of the first Yakuza game. Key developers for the game shared more details in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
- Yakuza Kiwami is considered a “revenge” title to themselves of 10 years ago, as in, they’re trying to prove to themselves that they’re able to do that much better.
- The remake will have a vast amount of new scenes.
- The way Akira Nishiki “changed” is one that’s especially going to get some attention.
- The music was particularly frustrating for Sega to work on. This time they were able to get B’z vocalist Koshi Inaba to help out.
- The content they’re going to show for Yakuza Kiwami is said to be more astonishing than what they’ve ever shown at past Tokyo Game Shows.
- They say that you’ll burst into tears if you play Yakuza Kiwami right after Yakuza Zero.
- Yakuza Kiwami was made all possible because of Yakuza Zero.
- The new episode focuses on Nishiki’s big change and the reason behind it while Kiryu was in prison for 10 years.
- Nishiki’s voice actor Kazuhiro Nakaya also noted that after reading the script, it was so rough on him that he felt like not reading any scripts for a while.
- The concept behind Yakuza Kiwami is to keep the Yakuza taste alive, while making a new title with high quality.
- Yakuza Kiwami is being developed with the developers’ knowhow being pushed to their limits.
- Events will be easy to understand.
- Everything you acquire as far as Battle Style in Yakuza Zero goes, will be available from the very start. However, due to having served prison time for so long, you’ll need to work on getting stronger again. That’s the growth theme behind Yakuza Kiwami.
- Goro Majima didn’t have much of an appearance in the original game, but he will in Yakuza Kiwami. You can help power up Kiryu with a new “Everywhere Majima System,” which will basically have Majima show up just about anywhere for a fight.
- If you’re wondering about how that works, we’re not exactly sure yet with the information out there, but he can ambush you while disguised as a cabaret club girl.
- A new mini-game called “Insect Queen Female King” will also be added.
Yakuza Kiwami will release in Japan on January 21, 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.