Sting announced that it will release Yggdra Union for PC on February 6, 2023, 15 years after the game launched on the PlayStation Portable (and 17 years since its original launch on the Game Boy Advance). Formally titled Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone, the game will arrive on PC via Steam’s Early Access program. The game’s Steam store page is already live.
Yggdra Union is part of Sting’s “Dept. Heaven” series that includes titles like Riviera: The Promised Land and Knights in the Nightmare. Yggdra Union on PC is the first time that players outside Japan have been able to play the game on a current platform since the PSP era. Sting ported the game to iOS and Android in 2019, and then to Switch in 2020. However, those ports were never localized for overseas release. The PC edition will support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Korean language options. English and Japanese voice dubs will be included.
As for why the game is in the “Early Access” program, an FAQ states that Yggdra Union on PC itself is essentially complete. Players who buy it will be able to play through the story to its end and experience all other content. Sting is classifying the game as “Early Access” because bug fixes and feature improvements are still in progress, and the team wants “live” feedback to help the process along. Sting intends for the game to remain in Early Access for three to five months after release, and suggests that it may increase the price once the “full” release is set.
The PC edition itself will have a number of additional features. These include:
- Rewind function for undoing actions
- Conversation log
- A hint log to let players know where certain items can be found
- Battle speed adjustment (up to 5x speed)
- A special unit called “Flunky” that can participate in battle under certain conditions
- Sound testing
- Bilingual Japanese/English dub options
- Easy mode with infinite item uses
- Equipment removal
- Optional Unbreakable Equipment toggles
- Compatibility with mouse-and-keyboard controls in addition to modern gamepad support
Sting even plans to add “Tricks” or “Cheats” to the ported edition. These tricks will be activated by certain button combinations.
- A function to make Milanor look like Cruz
- Enemies and Allies do “no critical” damage
- A way to Max out the skill gauge at the start of a battle
- Reverse formation types between male and female
Yggdra Union launches on PC via Steam Early Access on February 6, 2023. The game can be found on PSP and Game Boy Advance. In Japan, it is available on mobile devices and Nintendo Switch, as well.