Falcom revealed the latest on their upcoming PS4 and PS Vita title, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, with a look at some battle details on Hummel and Ricotta, along with “Adventure Tools” that’ll be used for exploring.
Hummel (CV: KENN)
Attack Attribute: Shot
Using a combination of rifle shots and the bayonet blade’s slashes, Hummel fights with high accuracy and can take out flying enemies with ease. Since his attack range stretches out in a line like Raskha the rapier-wielder, he has difficulties in hitting enemies located to his left, right, and behind.
Skill Attack: Precision Fire
Hummel takes precise aim with his bayonet with this skill attack. You’ll have time between taking your position and before shooting, so you’ll get to take precise aim with the directionals before shooting.
Ricotta (CV: Nozomi Yamamoto)
Weapon: Whip Mace
Attack Attribute: Hit
Using the Whip Mace that she made by herself using various plants on the island, Ricotta fights using the vine’s elastic-like handle that allows her to attack in whip-like action to hit enemies around her.
While she may not do as much damage as the same hit-attribute attacks as Sahad, she makes up for it with flexibility and the ability to land multiple hits. Since her attacks go all around her, she’s even able to hit enemies in her blind spot.
Skill Attack: Homemade Trap
These traps were originally made by Ricotta to capture beasts on the island. Enemies that get hit by the traps on the floor won’t be able to move for a short period of time, and will continuously take damage, too.
Below are some more on system details that you’ll get to use while exploring.
- While exploring Siren Island, after meeting a certain condition you’ll acquire a special item called “Adventure Tools.”
- Depending on which Adventure Tools that are equipped, you can get numerous effects for the entire party, making it useful in the exploration of Siren Island.
- Adds an action that allows you to climb ivy. This will allow you to reach areas you previously weren’t able to by foot or jumping.
- Vastly increases your dash speed.
- Also adds a tackle attack when running into enemies with a dash.
- Activates an effect that faintly lights up around the player.
- This is an Adventure Tool that you’ll want to take with you when exploring dark caves.
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will release in Japan on July 21, 2016 for PlayStation Vita and in 2017 for PlayStation 4.