Resident Evil 6’s Mercenaries Mode looks a little different from the previous games. While the concept is the same, you have more mobility in this game, which makes it look a little more fast-paced. Capcom streamed about a few minutes of the mode at the Penny Arcade Expo, and you can watch this below:
A few notes from the stream:
- Each character has a different load-out.
- Zombies jump at you. A QTE lets you catch them mid-air and take them down.
- Both split-screen and online co-op.
- The map shown in the stream above is a GameStop pre-order exclusive.
- All playable characters in Mercenaries mode haven’t been revealed yet.
Resident Evil 6 will be released on October 2nd for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. A PC version will follow later.