Geo Corporation revealed its weekly top-10 video game rankings and it has Animal Crossing: New Horizons breaking sales records left and right. [Thanks, 4Gamer.]
Geo is one of Japan’s leading companies that operate in the buying and selling of games, DVDs, CDs, and more. The company does a weekly ranking of top-10 video game software, and this week has a special treat with Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ debut.
Here are the top-10 best-selling games at GEO shops from March 16 through March 22, 2020:
- (New) Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch] – Nintendo 3/20/2020
- (#1 last week) Nioh 2 [PS4] – Koei Tecmo 3/12/2020
- (#4) Pokemon Sword [Switch] – Nintendo 11/15/2019
- (#2) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX [Switch] – Nintendo 3/6/2020
- (#6) Minecraft [Switch] – Microsoft 6/21/2018
- (New) The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III [Switch] – NIS 3/19/2020
- (#8) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe [Switch] – Nintendo 4/28/2017
- (#9) Splatoon 2 [Switch] – Nintendo 7/21/2017
- (#11) Ring Fit Adventure [Switch] – Nintendo 10/18/2018
- (#12) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [Switch] – Nintendo 12/07/2018
It comes as no surprise to see Animal Crossing: New Horizons crush the sales chart at #1 in its debut. However, GEO shared some additional details on New Horizons’ debut. Not only has Animal Crossing: New Horizons charted as the number-one best-selling Switch software of all-time at GEO shops, it broke the record of the best top-selling video game software of the week, of all-time. Unfortunately, we don’t have the numbers as GEO doesn’t provide them for their rankings, but it’s still quite the feat to break a top-seller’s record for the retailer that was founded in 1989.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is immediately available for the Nintendo Switch. Not only has it topped GEO’s charts, but the game also dominated the UK charts in its debut.