The Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.4 patch has arrived and, as usual, it doesn’t just add fireworks shows for August and Luna and the opportunity to visit Dream Islands. It also means existing features, like the NookPhone Camera and Custom Design Portal, work a little differently. Also, everyone who logs in after updating gets two gifts in the mail.
Since everyone likes presents, let’s start there. Nintendo and Luna each sent something out to folks. If you check your in-game mailbox, you’ll get a Luna’s Bed piece of furniture and Fireworks-show Wallpaper.
With the NookPhone camera, you can now remove all of the surrounding information by pressing the right analog stick. This gives you an entirely clear screen, in case you wanted to get a video of something like villagers singing without information about adjusting the view in the way. (Previously, a glitch allowed people to do this unofficially.)
With Custom Designs Portal, people now have two options. When looking at people’s profiles and clothing, you could add the creator to your favorites. There is a criteria search that lets you go through your favorites’ designs.
Here are the full Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.4 patch notes from Nintendo’s support site.
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.4.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- General updates
- A new seasonal event, Fireworks Shows, has been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing you to turn off the guide information by pressing in the R Stick.
- The “funny glasses” item now matches up with player skin color variations.
- Online connectivity features
- A new feature allows you to sleep in a bed and meet Luna. You can upload a dream of your island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can now create a list of favorite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. You can use backed up save data with the island backup restoration service if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or broken.
- You must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable backups within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Save data cannot be restored at a customer’s discretionary timing. If your system is broken, you must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If you have lost your system, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow save data (island data) to be transferred to a different system. We currently plan on adding a save data transfer feature within 2020. Information on the feature and timing will be announced at a future time.
- Learn more about the island backup restoration service.
- Fixed issues
- Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is available for the Nintendo Switch. The next update will arrive in Fall 2020 and the teaser made it seem like Halloween-related content will be added.