Classic PC role-playing game, Baldur’s Gate, is getting a second lease on life with Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition for PC, iPad and Andoid tablets. This updated version of the game comes with new characters, a new quest, and will also include the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack.
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition is developed on an improved version of the Infinity Engine optimized for tablets. The original Infinity Engine was used by Bioware to develop games like Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale, but Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition is being developed by a studio named Overhaul Games, with ex-Bioware employees working on the project.
The enhancements you’ll find in Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition include:
- New Adventure: The Black Pits
- New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
- New Character: Dorn Il-Khan as an in-app purchase
- New Character: Neera the Wild Mage as an in-app purchase
- New Player Voice sets as an in-app purchase
- New Player Portraits as an in-app purchase
- Gamecenter Support to track friends and invite them to play with you
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition will be released for the PC, Mac OS X and iPad on November 28th. The PC and Mac versions will cost $20, while the iPad version will cost $10. An Android release is also planned but a release date hasn’t been announced.