Crytek’s German Facebook page for Crysis 2 has a rundown of the game’s system requirements on PC. Blue’s News caught a glimpse of these via a tip and took the liberty of translating them.
We assume these to be minimum requirements for Crysis 2, given Crytek’s focus on future-proofing their games against PC hardware. Recommended requirements would, naturally, be higher.
- Internet connection for installation and to get online
- OS: XP / Vista / Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2Ghz or better
- 2 GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 9 GB
- DVD ROM: 8x
- GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD 512Mb RAM or better
- Audio: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
- Keyboard, Mouse or the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Crysis 2 is slated for a release on March 22nd on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Europe gets the game on March 25th. Electronic Arts are publishing Crysis 2 in Limited and Nano editions.