As previously reported, Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut is headed to PC via Steam, provided it gets approved for release via Steam Greenlight. In the meantime, Rising Star Games have put together a FAQ regarding the PC version of the game, which you can check out below:
- This PC release is an enhanced version of the PS3 Director’s Cut (NOT the original Xbox 360 game), with all the content that it came with PLUS some new bonus DLC for PC users only!
- All DLC will be ‘in the box’, not sold separately.
- Localisation is EFIGS (no Japanese, as the version shipped in Japan had English voice + Japanese subtitles… we may include the Japanese subs though). Russian potentially being considered, along with fixes for current translations.
- Big Picture / controller support / Steamworks being looked into!
- No plans for Oculus Rift support.
- Nothing to discuss on the matter of FOV adjustment.
- Nothing to discuss yet on mod support.
- No word on price yet… it’s not even confirmed until the Greenlight is successful!
- Nothing to discuss yet about a PC release via other channels (digital/retail)
- Nothing to discuss about bringing it to Mac/Linux.
- Soundtrack… you never know! *wink*
- Minimum specs TBC (we’ll keep you posted!)
- There won’t be a demo, sorry.
- We’re aiming to release the game in as many regions as possible… yes, that means Japan is a possibility, but there’s nothing to announce at this time (let’s clear Greenlight first, okay?)
- Greenlight clearance notwithstanding, we’re aiming for a Halloween 2013 release.
We’ll have more details on the PC version of Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut as they’re made available. In the meantime, you can vote for the game on Steam Greenlight here.