PlayStation Japan is continuing in its ambition to help you cook your way to greatness with the latest game-themed homemade recipe, this time based on Devil May Cry. A pizza recipe favored by no less than the Son of Sparda himself was tweeted out by the PlayStation Japan Twitter account, complete with commentary from Dante’s Japanese voice actor, Toshiyuki Morikawa:
＼ #ゲーム飯 作ってみた！ ／
ということで、今回のレシピ動画は｢ピザ｣ from 『デビル メイ クライ 5』
— プレイステーション公式 (@PlayStation_jp) November 20, 2020
As with PlayStation’s previous recipe tweets—Persona 5‘s LeBlanc Curry, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice‘s sweet rice balls—we’ve taken the liberty of translating the instructions for the Devil May Cry pizza recipe:
- 250g Strong Flour (aka Bread Flour)
- 50g Weak Flour (aka Cake Flour)
- 5g Salt
- 6g Sugar
- 3g Dry Yeast
- 180cc Warm Water
- 2tsp Olive Oil
- Tomato sauce to taste
- Pizza cheese (mozzarella, usually) to taste
- Pepperoni (sliced)
- Jalapeno Peppers (sliced)
- A genuine Devil May Cry 4 special edition pizza box (Optional)
- Combine the flour together in a bowl with the salt, sugar, yeast, oil, and water.
- Mix them until they congeal into a ball.
- Strongly, stylishly knead the dough (combo it until you get SSS ranking).
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap—or simply place it in an covered or airtight container, if you’d rather reduce your plastic use—and leave for an hour to ferment.
- Knead it some more, then split it into two separate balls before covering once more.
- Ferment for 30 minutes.
- Knead the balls flat, spreading them with a roller over a baking tray.
- Add tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and jalapenos.
- Dante hates olives, so don’t add those (unless you’re not like Dante, in which case add away).
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 250°C (about 480°F).
- Remove the fresh Devil May Cry pizza from the oven, slice, and serve.
Devil May Cry 5 is immediately available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition is available for the PS5, and Xbox Series consoles. Check out Kazuma’s interview with Producer Matt Walker and see what he had to say about Vergil’s extra content.