Devil Survivor 2 will be released in Europe if publisher Ghostlight see enough pre-orders for the game. Pre-orders were supposed to go live this week, but didn’t due to a pending final approval of the package that Ghostlight hope to release.
While you wait for that to happen, Ghostlight have provided details on what their plans for the game are. They hope to release Devil Survivor 2 in the following packages:
Option 1: Standalone Release
- Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
- This factory sealed edition will be available to all PAL territories and anyone pre-ordering from us will have the option to include their name in the DS2 manual.
- Pre-Order price £24.99/€29.99
Option 2: Devil Survivor Bundle
- Devil Survivor 2 (DS) & Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) with £10.00 discount!
- Both games will be factory sealed and as with Option 1, anyone pre-ordering the bundle will have the option to include their name in the DS2 manual. Regrettably, we will not be able to ship this bundle to Germany due to an existing distribution agreement.
- Pre-Order price £49.98/€59.98 (usual price £59.98/€69.98)
Here’s the important part, though: In order to break even on Devil Survivor 2’s manufacturing costs, Ghostlight will need to reach a total 1,800 paid pre-orders between the two above packages, and these pre-orders will only remain open for one month. If they don’t reach their quota, everyone that pre-ordered Option 1 will receive a refund. If you pre-ordered Option 2, you’ll receive a £24.99 refund—and get Devil Survivor: Overclocked at a £10.00 discount.
Ghostlight aim to have Devil Survivor 2 out in Europe by the end of September.