Capcom have shared an entire hour of DmC Devil May Cry footage, showing off the difference between the game’s normal (Devil Hunter) difficulty mode and the “Dante Must Die” difficulty mode. You can watch the video embedded below, under which are a few notes that we observed while watching it:
A few notes from the video:
- A new weapon, Aquila, is shown off in this video.
- Aquila has throwing blades, and you can upgrade their range.
- Hitting the launcher button with the new weapon in the air makes you dash.
- You can combine this dash with your regular Angel Dash for extra distance.
- On the ground, using the launcher button will fire a projectile that continually hits away at an enemy.
- This projectile can be charged up.
- Enemies can block your attacks in Dante Must Die.
- You need to use Ebony and Ivory to knock them out of block stance.
- Enemies can also activate a Devil Trigger of their own in Dante Must Die mode, when there are only a few of them left in the area.
DmC Devil May Cry will be released on January 15th on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with a PC release to follow.