Anime Expo 2018 kicks off this Thursday and Square Enix will make a splash during the event to showcase upcoming video and card games with titles such as Dragon Quest XI, Kingdom Hearts III, and more.
Square Enix has planned demos for Dragon Quest XI, Kingdom Hearts III, and Star Ocean: Anamnesis for those who visit their booth at the Entertainment Hall (LACC West All A).
Additionally, fans will get a chance to meet some of their favorite developers from the dragon Quest and Star Ocean series throughout the show with autograph sessions. You can check out the schedules below:
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- Yuji Horii (Series Creator and Game Designer) will participate in autograph sessions* at theSQUARE ENIX booth, where he will be signing an exclusive 8×10 signature card and posing for photographs, on:
- Friday, July 6, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday July 7, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
*A limited number of Horii autograph tickets will be distributed at the DRAGON QUEST XI area of the SQUARE ENIX booth starting at 10:00 a.m. the day prior to each day’s signing sessions. Fans may pose with Yuji Horii for one photograph only. Only the Square Enix signing cards will be signed. Personal items will not be signed.
Star Ocean: Anamnesis
- Akira Yasuda (Illustrator), also known as “akiman”, will participate in autograph sessions at theSQUARE ENIX booth, where fans will have a chance to receive a pre-drawn STAR OCEAN illustration in addition to an autograph, on:
- Friday, July 6, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*A limited number of “akiman” autograph tickets will be distributed at the Square Enix Members area of the SQUARE ENIX booth at 10:00 a.m. for the day’s signing sessions.
And here are some other activities at the Square Enix booth:
FINAL FANTASY® Trading Card Game Demos and Tournament
- Attendees can dive into the popular trading card game and receive free lessons on how to play.
- They can also play the newest set, “Opus VI,” one week early in daily Pre-Release Tournaments. The set includes characters from fan favorite titles, including FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™, FINAL FANTASY® X/X-2, and DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY NT. Tickets to participate in the tournament will be sold at the SQUAREENIX booth.
DRAGON QUEST XI Photo Wall Contest
- Attendees can enter to win slime plushes by striking their best pose with the heroes from the DQXI photo wall and uploading the pictures to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #DragonQuestAX (while tagging @DragonQuest).
- A photo opportunity where fans can take pictures featuring backgrounds from FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS™ and STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS
Photo Opportunities with STAR OCEAN Cosplayers
- Yuno Mizusawa, the official Evelysse (“Eve”) cosplayer from Japan, will be making special appearances at the booth, alongside STAR OCEAN series cosplayers.
- The cosplayer schedule is available on the STAR OCEAN Facebook at: (https://www.facebook.com/starocean).
Daily giveaways while supplies last, including:
- DRAGON QUEST XI T-shirts and posters
- STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS buttons
- SQUARE ENIX Members lanyards
FINAL FANTASY XV® WINDOWS EDITION
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will also be making an appearance at the Cooler Master gaming trucks at Petree Plaza throughout the weekend. Fans can get hands on with Final Fantasy XV on high-end gaming PCs and have the chance to receive a special themed mousepad.
Anime Expo 2018 takes place July 5-8 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. There will also be a Pre-Show Night on July 4, 2018.