Drakengard 3 will get a collector’s edition in North America, Square Enix have announced. Additionally, the game will also have a variety of pre-order bonuses. This part is a little confusing, so let’s go over how it works.
Pre-order bonuses are divided into three tiers, depending on how soon you pre-order the game. Here are the three tiers:
- Tier One: players who place their pre-order from today through March 3rd will receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses
- Tier Two: from March 4th to April 8th, pre-ordering the game will unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses
- Tier Three: from April 9th until launch, players will receive the final unannounced locked bonus only.
Those are pre-order bonuses. The actual collector’s edition of the game (pictured at the top of this post) will contain all the pre-order bonuses as well as a a few other items, including:
- The Complete Novella
- Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
- Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level
- Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill)
- Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion
- Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster
The collector’s edition will be limited to 5,000 copies and will cost $79.99. It’s available exclusively via the Square Enix Online Store. Meanwhile, the regular edition will cost $49.99. Drakengard 3 will be available in North America on May 20th. Europe will get the game on May 21st as a digital-only title.