Etrian Mystery Dungeon will have free downloadable content for a month after release, Atlus USA have announced. The free DLC will be available until May 5th, after which it will revert to paid content.
The first three DLC quests require you to find an adventurer lost in the dungeons. Once you rescue them, they’ll give you recipes that unlock meals prepared by Niralda, an NPC in the Amber Cafe. You can use these meals to provide buffs to your party members. The quests in question are:
- Find a Wanderer for me: Find the master chef Wanderer to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant. ($1.49)
- Find a Princess for me: Find the stray Sovereign to unlock a meal fit for a king in the Amber Restaurant. ($1.99)
- Find a Landsknecht for me: Find the adventurous Landsknecht to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant. ($1.49)
The last two DLC quests are repeatable quests that you can get from Niralda:
- Know the Red Pookas? Slay a Red Pooka wandering around the dungeon to receive a Golden or White potion for extra experience. ($1.99)
- Slay the Gold Guardian: Defeat an elusive Gold Guardian in the dungeon to receive a Nugget of Gold fragment for extra gold. ($1.49)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on April 7th. On March 31st, Atlus will release a Nintendo 3DS Home Menu theme based on the game, which will cost $0.99. You can take a look at the theme above.