Final Fantasy XI will see an update this month, which will add new features to the game. Today, Square Enix touched upon what some of these will be. You can watch a trailer for the update above, and view a list of the new additions below.
- A trust system that lets you team up with famous personalities from the game’s world.
- New “Records of Eminence” solo content.
- 25% increase to movement speed in outdoor areas.
- Teleporting between home points.
- In-game currency menu that lets you see all your currency and standing.
- Wide Scan expansion can be utilized regardless of job.
- Mog Garden can now be accessed for players that have not registered Seekers of Adoulin.
- Other adjustments that have not been detailed.
Additionally, to celebrate Final Fantasy XI’s 11-year anniversary, Square Enix will be reactivating all inactive accounts for the game from December 10th, 7am PST – December 23rd, 6:59 am PST. If you no longer have access to your game discs, you’ll be able to download a free trial version of the game’s all-in-one package. If you ever subscribed to Final Fantasy XI, you’ll be able to take part in the campaign.