The official Russian website for Gears of War was accidentally updated with details of the upcoming Gears of War remaster for Xbox One for a short while today. While the details were subsequently taken down, you can find a Google Translated version of them below. (Thanks, Tmag.it)
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for campaign mode of the original game on PC
- New achievements for Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, “Team Fight”, “King of the Hill” (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2 2 Destruction “Gnasherom.”
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system:
- Alternate control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All control parameters adapted for Xbox One
- Added features from your favourite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
Release date of the original game: August 25, 2015
Platform: Xbox One
The Gears of War remaster has not yet officially been announced. As of now, it remains unclear which games will be included at launch, and what features from those games will be included. For reference, the details above were posted on the Gears of War 3 page.
Note: Certain details edited for grammar.