After teasing a major reveal of PlayStation 5 specs on March 17, 2020, the full video has begun airing online. People can spend time learning about Sony’s upcoming console with Mark Cerny, its lead system architect. This segment is in place of the alleged GDC 2020 reveal for the system.
Here is the full PlayStation 5 specs video with Cerny. During the video, he’ll only be talking about the system’s capabilities and goals during the presentation. The three main topics of the talk are “Listening to Developers,” “Balancing Evolution & Revolution,” and “Finding New Dreams,” with things like the the SSD and custom engine for the PlayStation 5’s 3D audio experiences.
Here is the full list of PlayStation 5 specs, which were shared by Eurogamer.
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive
Once it concludes, it means we now know a lot more about both of the upcoming ninth generation consoles. A series of March 16, 2020 videos looked at the Xbox Series X specs and features.
The PlayStation 5 will launch in 2020.