Bandai Namco released a new update for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Maxi Boost ON that brings a lot of changes to the Player Match mode. After previously adding 1v1 battles to the same mode, this update brings in a tournament-like Arena feature. It also adds many changes to the Player Match settings, such as those based on connection quality—including wireless connections—and limitations on winning ratio and win streaks. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]
The full patch notes for the version 1.06 update is available right below:
- Added “Player Match Arena” to Online Battle.
- If you connect online wirelessly, the Wireless icon display is changed to the Self-Circuit icon, Signal Compatibility icon, and Signal Correlation chart.
- Adjusted the thresholds for the Self-Circuit and Signal Compatibility icons.
- Reduced the text length of the Room ID shown in Player Match
- In Player Match, the host now has additional options in Connection Limitation to remove everyone but those with a wired connection and either “blue” or “at least green” icons.
- Added settings for in-room limitations of winning ratio and win streaks in Player Match
- The winning ratio limitation setting is changed from setting lower and upper limits to just the upper threshold.
- Added the following to Player Match room search criteria: Maximum amount of players, Results recording, In-room win streak limitation, and In-room winning ratio limitation.
- Removed “All” from the room type entry of Player Match room search criteria.
- Player Match room search criteria will be remembered until you leave the Player Match menu.
- At Network Settings in the Options menu, the option for receiving chat messages when a match is settled is changed so that you can choose between multiple selections or just “Thank You.”
- Improved operation stability
Another update data for version 1.07 was also released at the same time. However, it only brings “Improved operation stability,” which likely also includes minor bug fixes.
Previously at TGS 2020, Bandai Namco announced plans to add the Player Match Arena. It has a tournament regulation setting that determines whether the room participants fight elimination matches by the join order, with a random order, or determined manually by the host. Spectator views are also available in this mode, where users can choose whether to follow a player, see a split-screen of a team or even all four players, or watch with a bird’s-eye view.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON is immediately available on the PlayStation 4 worldwide.