A lot is about to happen in Genshin Impact. For example, the 1.3 All that Glitters update is about to debut, bringing with it new banners and events. But not everything is happening at once. To help better organize things for people, miHoYo released a full roadmap of what will happen when it comes to the big Genshin Impact Lantern Rite in Liyue.
Now, before anything starts, there’s the 1.3 All that Glitters pre-installation option. People playing on PCs or mobile devices can start downloading all the resources for the update now. This means when the actual update appears, then they can hop right in without waiting for additional downloads.
On February 3, 2021, the Genshin Impact 1.3 update actually arrives. While there won’t be any immediately visible new places to go, that’s when things will tentatively start. You’ll be able to pull from the Xiao banner that day and the Zhongli buffs will roll out.
The actual Genshin Impact Lantern Rites activities will start on February 10, 2021. That’s when you can start Xiao’s Alatus Chapter story quest for free if you have completed the first act of the campaign’s first chapter and Adventure Rank 23. This is the gateway quest for the whole event and, if you don’t complete it, you can’t participate in any of the ensuing events listed. It is the only related quest that will be available after the Lantern Rite ends on February 28, 2021, though after someone will need to earn a Story Key by completing Commissions, reach AR 40, and complete that campaign quest.
As for the rest of the Genshin Impact Lantern Rite events, here are all of the different quests and activities listed by when they open up. Remember that with this game’s events, you almost always have to complete the preceding quests to unlock the ones that come after it. And all of these won’t appear until Alatus Chapter is done.
- February 3, 2021: Five Flushes of Fortune will last for 10 days for people who completed the Kurious Kamera quest.
- February 10, 2021: The Origin of the Lanterns is available. Liyue: Theater Mechanicus solo and co-op challenges open. Xiao Market Stage I begins. Stand by Me four-star character challenge begins.
- February 11, 2021: May Fortune Find You daily login event gives out Hero’s Wit, Intertwined Fate, Mora, and Mystic Enhancement Ore.
- February 14, 2021: Currents Deep Beneath the Lanterns is available. Xiao Market Stage II begins.
- February 18, 2021: Light Upon the Sea is available. Xiao Market Stage III begins.
- February 26, 2021: Night’s Sky Grace gift of one Intertwined Fate, five Golden Crabs, and 10 Mystic Enhancement Ores mailed out.
- February 27, 2021: Night’s Sky Grace gift of one Fragile Resin, five Tianshu meats, and five Hero’s Wits mailed out.
- February 28, 2021: Night’s Sky Grace gift of one Intertwined Fate, three Guides to Diligence, and 50,000 Mora mailed out.
- March 1, 2021: Night’s Sky Grace gift of one Fragile Resin, three Guides to Gold, and ten Mystic Enhancement Ores mailed out.
- March 2, 2021: Night’s Sky Grace gift of one Intertwined Fate, three Guides to Prosperity, and five Hero’s Wit mailed out.
Also, regardless of when they start, the Genshin Impact Lantern Rite quests will end February 28, 2021. The Xiao Market and Stand by Me recruitment chance will close on March 7, 2021.
Genshin Impact is available for the PlayStation 4, PC, and both Android and Apple iOS devices. The Nintendo Switch version is in development. The Genshin Impact Lantern Rite quests will start on February 10, 2021.