As part of the February 2023 Nintendo Direct announcements, Nintendo announced the Fire Emblem Engage Soren DLC was immediately available for people who purchased the expansion pass. As expected, he’s a magic-focused character, with a Emblem Bracelet that focuses on tactics and tomes. However, if you haven’t gotten to his battle yet, here’s how to get him and what to expect.
How Do You Unlock the Fire Emblem Engage Soren DLC?
This one is easy. You head “To Divine Paralogues” from either The Somniel or World Map in Fire Emblem Engage to unlock the Soren DLC. His map is to the north of Tiki’s, which is Divine Paralogue: Dragon Temple. So you need to have recruited Anna and cleared the Bandit Hideout Paralogue and cleared Tiki’s Paralogue to unlock the path to Soren’s Paralogue Magma Cavern. After you defeat the map and him, he’ll agree to lend you his strength.
What Skills Can You Inherit from the Fire Emblem Engage Soren DLC?
Now, as usual, you need to have a character first hit level five bond level with Soren to begin inheriting his skills. Once you do, here are the ones you can get. If a skill’s effect isn’t obvious, I’ve copied the exact description of it from the game.
- Assign Decoy: Use to make one chosen ally more likely to be targeted by enemies for 1 turn. Effect is removed after ally is targeted by or otherwise damaged by foes 3 times. – 1,500 SP, bond level 5 required
- Mag/Res+1 – 700 SP, bond level 5 required
- Magic Guard 1: If a foe is equipped with a tome, unit takes 1 less damage during combat. – 200 SP, bond level 5 required
- Anima Focus: When using tomes, unit inflicts Def -3 with fire, Hit -20 with thunder, or Mov -2 with wind magic for 1 turn. – 800 SP, bond level 5 required
- Mag/Res+2 – 1,600 SP, bond level 7 required
- Magic Guard 2: If foe is equipped with a tome, unit takes 2 less damage during combat – 400 SP, bond level 8 required
- Keen Insight: When unit deals Effective damage, deal +5 damage. – 1,500 SP, bond level 9 required
- Mag/Res+3 – 4,200 SP, bond level 12 required
- Block Recovery: When attacking a broken foe with a tome, grants a chance the foe will remain broken. Chance increases with high Spd. – 1,500 SP, bond level 13 required
- Magic Guard 3: If foe is equipped with a tome, unit takes 3 less damage during combat. – 600 SP, bond level 13 required
- Mag/Res+4 – 6,000 SP, SP, bond level 14 required
- Magic Guard 4: If foe is equipped with a tome, unit takes 4 less damage during combat. – 800 SP, bond level 17 required
- Keen Insight+: When unit deals Effective damage, deal +7 damage. – 3,000 SP, bond level 18 required
- Mag/Res+5 – 8,400 SP, SP, bond level 18 required
- Magic Guard 5: If foe is equipped with a tome, unit takes 5 less damage during combat. 1,000 SP, bond level 19 required
Fire Emblem Engage is available for the Nintendo Switch, and the Soren DLC is out now.