Nintendo showed off the first gameplay footage from The Legend of Zelda for Wii U at the Game Awards 2014 event today. You can view it above.
Here are the highlights of what was shown off by Nintendo’s Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto:
- The world is vast, so lots of high places were created to give players a good view
- Interactive map on the Wii U GamePad
- You won’t run into trees while riding Epona
- You can shoot arrows while riding Epona once again
- Apples grow on trees, and you can pick and eat them
- You can vault off Epona’s back in slow-motion and shoot arrows in mid-air
The Legend of Zelda for Wii U is still on track for release in 2015. Miyamoto added that Star Fox for Wii U will be released prior to Zelda.