Paranormal is an indie horror game based on the Paranormal Activity movies. You control a character with a camera, recording the hauntings in his house. It’s a randomly-generated game, with the goal of giving you a different experience each time. You can buy it here.
The developer intends to release an expansion to the game, titled Paranormal: The Town, which expands the environment from the house to an entire explorable town. The game was funded through Kickstarter, and has met its funding goal.
Here’s a list of features that the developer is promising for Paranormal: The Town:
- An entire town to explore with randomly generated content.
- A new storyline with new characters, including a new main character.
- New gameplay mechanics (will elaborate at later date).
- Still played in the found-footage style (like Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch Project).
- Confirmed locations in the town currently include: a highschool, a graveyard, City streets, and a bar. More to be announced later.
- The story will be related to the story from the base game.
- If you like Silent Hill, you should be excited-that’s where we’re taking some inspiration from.
- More story-driven experience while still maintaining the random nature of the game.
Paranormal: The Town doesn’t have a release date yet. The game will be released whenever it’s ready.