For folks jumping into Hogwarts Legacy for the first time, knowing how to link your Wizarding World account to your game account will be important. Anyone who wishes to do so can follow some pretty simple steps below in order to get some free items for the game. These include the Beaked Skull Mask and the House Fan-atic School Robe. If you have been invested in either Warner Bros. Games or Harry Potter for a while, you may already have both of the accounts you need. If not, have no fear. We’ll walk you through what you need to do.
How to get free cosmetics in Hogwarts Legacy
One thing to keep in mind is that the two main terms you will need to remember are Harry Potter Fan Club, which is the Wizarding World account, and the WB Games, which is your Hogwarts Legacy account.
- Visit the WizardingWorld.com/legacyconnect page.
- Click the Log In button and sign in with your Harry Potter Fan Club profile.
- If you do not have a Harry Potter Fan Club profile, you will need to click here to create one.
- Click Get Sorted Now to complete the sorting quiz.
- Click Let’s Go! at the bottom of the page. This will bring you back to the Hogwarts Legacy page where you link accounts.
- Click the Discover Your Wand button and complete the quiz. Once again, click Let’s Go! button at the bottom of the page.
- Click Go to WB Games and choose to either make a new WB Games account or sign in to your existing WB Games Account.
- Under this Connections page for the WB Games Account site, you will need to link the console or PC platform that you will be using to play Hogwarts Legacy.
- Go back to the Wizarding World site and select the Refresh button to get your exclusive wallpaper.
- Launch Hogwarts Legacy, and after the introduction sequence, check the cosmetic options for the appearance of your Hogwarts student. If all goes well, you will get a prompt advising you that you have your items after the title screen.
Can you start the game and link your account later and still get the bonuses of linking the account?
If you have already started playing Hogwarts Legacy and are wondering if you can still connect your accounts and get your items, the answer is a resounding yes. This is exactly what I did, just to make sure I had a definitive answer for you. After connecting my accounts, both the Beaked Skull Mask and the House Fan-atic School Robe were available for me the next time I logged in to Hogwarts Legacy.
Where to find your cosmetic rewards
Finding the rewards is easy. All you need to do is hit the pause button, then go to the Gear menu. Hover over the relevant gear slot, such as robes or facewear, and then hit the Change Appearance button. Select the item of clothing you wish to wear, and that’s it. If you are having trouble finding them, ensure you are hitting the Change Appearance button and not just clicking on the relevant part of the screen.
Hogwarts Legacy is available on the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC via early access, and will be available to everyone on February 10, 2023.