As you guide Link around Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, you’ll encounter many situations that warrant an Elixir. Too hot? Chilly Elixir. Too cold? Spicy Elixir. Need to climb up a wall, but it’s raining? Sticky Elixir. The list goes on. Here’s everything that you need to know about making Elixirs in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How do I make an Elixir in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?
To cook an Elixir, you need the creature that will provide the buff you want and one Monster Part. For example, if you want to make a Fireproof Elixir, you must cook a Fireproof Lizard and any Monster Part together. This can be done at any Pot. It doesn’t matter if it’s a static Pot found in a town or by using a Portable Pot Zonai Device. You can add up to five materials when cooking Elixirs in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, so don’t be afraid to add more than one of the same ingredients. The more you add, the longer its buff will last.
Open up your inventory with the Minus Button (-). Click on the resource you want to cook, and select “Hold.” Do this for up to five materials, then press B to exit the menu. Link will hold the ingredients you selected. Press A in front of a Pot, and he will automatically throw them in together and begin cooking.
What kinds of Elixirs can I cook in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?
I’ve been able to cook the following Elixirs in Tears of the Kingdom so far through trial and error:
- Sticky Elixir (Slip Resistance): Sticky Lizard/Sticky Frog, Monster Part.
- Chilly Elixir (Heat Resistance): Winterwing Butterfly/Cold Darner, Monster Part.
- Spicy Elixir (Cold Resistance): Summerwing Butterfly/Warm Darner, Monster Part.
- Energizing Elixir (Stamina Restoration): Restless Cricket/Energetic Rhino Beetle, Monster Part.
- Bright Elixir (temporary Glow): Deep Firefly, Monster Part.
- Hasty Elixir (increased Movement Speed): Hot-Footed Frog/Hightail Lizard, Monster Part.
- Fairy Tonic (Health Restoration): Fairy.
- Enduring Elixir (Stamina Restoration and temporary Stamina increase): Tireless Frog, Monster Part.
- Sneaky Elixir (Stealth): Sunset Firefly, Monster Part.
- Electro Elixir (Electic Resistance): Thunderwing Butterfly/Electric Darner, Monster Part.
- Hearty Elixir (Health Restoration and temporary hearts): Hearty Lizard, Monster Part.
- Mighty Elixir (increased Attack): Bladed Rhino Beetle, Monster Part.
- Tough Elixir (increased Defense): Rugged Rhino Beetle, Monster Part.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch.