BioWare’s RPG classic Icewind Dale is coming to PC, Mac, iOS and Android as an enhanced edition, publisher Beamdog and the Wizards of the Coast have announced. Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will cost $20 on PC. A price for the smart versions hasn’t been announced yet.
Over on the game’s website, Beamdog have put up an FAQ that answers some of the questions you may have about this version of the game. Here’s the one you’re most interested in:
Q: What specific enhancements does Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition offer over the original game?
A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition features the following enhancements:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new “Story Mode” difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
You can read the rest of the FAQ over on the game’s website. Beamdog say that they aim to release Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition within the next month.