Doujin games publisher Nyu Media have launched an IndieGoGo campaign for an indie fighting game that they intend to help develop. The game is a follow-up to Yatagarasu, and is titled Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm!
For the uninitiated, Yatagarasu is an indie fighter inspired by Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, developed by three former SNK / King of Fighters staff members. The game is already available on PC and is headed to the Nintendo 3DS’ eShop later this year. You can read more about it here.
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm! will add new characters and features, and if enough funds are accumulated, get an arcade release in Japan as well. Nyu Media will localize and publish the game worldwide. Here are the features they’re looking to add:
- Two new characters (backers are invited to vote on roster of candidate characters to decide which add)
- New graphics and story rewrites
- Improved game play, balancing, and online match support
- MC voiceover by TOUGEKI announcer Koori Masao
- Full English localization
- English commentary by famous overseas tournament commentators (to be announced)!
- A NESiCAxLive arcade version in collaboration with Taito! (presently planned for release in Japan only)
- Worldwide release of the PC (Windows) version with English and Japanese language options
You can watch a trailer for the latest version of Yatagarasu (v4.3) above.