Kingdom Hearts III director Tetsuya Nomura had more to share in a Dengeki PlayStation interview, where he revealed that the Gummi Ship parts are being handled by staff of Square’s 1997 scrolling shooter Einhänder. [Thanks, Hokanko-Alt.]
Here are some highlights from the interview that wasn’t covered in our previous report, starting with some Gummi Ship info:
- The Gummi Ship is being developed by Einhänder director and staff. Nomura was a big fan of Einhänder and he’s looking forward to checking it out when it’s done.
- The Gummi Ship has a battle specialization mode and a free movement mode. They’re calling it an open-world Gummi Ship.
- There will be Gummi Ship customization with more details coming later.
- The reason Square Enix went with the Hercules and Toy Story worlds for the Premiere Event was because they’re the closest to the finished product in terms of quality.
- Camera rotation and such are some of the adjustments from the demo feedback that will be worked on until the last minute.
- Since everything had to be made from ground-up, it’s been quite the struggle.
- The difficulty of the Premiere Event demo was easier than Standard Mode and more difficult than Beginner Mode.
- The order of worlds you’ll visit has mostly been decided.
- Kingdom Hearts III won’t have optional worlds, as most players check them all out.
- More info on New Organization XIII will be revealed bits at a time leading to its release.
- Those who play Kingdom Hearts Union χ and Kingdom Hearts III will get a better understanding about Marluxia.
Kingdom Hearts III releases in Japan and Asia on January 25, 2019 and in North America and Europe in January 29, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.