There is a Square Enix shuffle going on with Xbox Game Pass. The March 2022 update arrived to detail things joining and leaving the service by March 15, 2022. Another Final Fantasy game is coming, but a staple is leaving. On March 3, 2022, Lightning Returns: FFXIII will show up on the service. On March 15, 2022, NieR Automata will leave Xbox Game Pass.
For those unfamiliar, Lightning Returns: FFXIII closes out the trilogy of games. It proceeds a bit differently than most Final Fantasy games. In it, Lightning has seven days before the world will end. She is tasked with completing various goals before that happens. (It is possible to earn a little more time.)
As for NieR Automata, it’s been part of Xbox Game Pass for years. The Xbox One version showed up back in April 2020. In March 2021, the PC version debuted on the service.
Here’s the full list of the games that will be joining Xbox Game Pass alongside Lightning Returns: FFXIII in March 2022.
- March 1st: Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (Cloud)
- March 3rd: Lightning Returns: FFXIII (Console and PC)
- March 10th: Kentucky Route Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC), Lawn Mowing Simulator (Console), Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Cloud, Console, and PC), and Young Souls (Cloud, Console, and PC)
And these are the games that will leave Xbox Game Pass alongside NieR Automata on March 15, 2022.
- NieR Automata (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Phogs! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Surge 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Torchlight III (Cloud, Console, and PC)