Nintendo have updated their Miiverse service on Wii U, PC and smartphones. The most major feature is that PC/smartphone users without a Wii U can now make and delete posts to the Miiverse, as long as they have a Nintendo Network ID (which you can get a friend with a Wii U to create for you).
Here’s the full list of changes, announced by Nintendo on Miiverse itself:
■ General changes
1) The wait time between posts has been reduced from 5 mins to 3 mins.
2) We’ve added a special symbol to mark announcement communities, such as the New SUPER MARIO BROS. U Developers’ Room community.
■ Features added to the web version You can now:
1) Post (text only) and delete posts in communities.
2) Follow and unfollow other users via their profile.
3) Display the list of your friends, followers and users you are following in your profile.
4) Select User Menu -> Profile -> Profile Settings to adjust your profile settings.
5) Select User Menu -> Miiverse Settings to configure the following: – Who can comment on your posts – Display of automatic game posts in your activity feed
6) View any Miiverse post, even if you don’t have a Nintendo Network ID or are not signed in. As long as you have the URL for a post, you can open it.
Miiverse is also headed to the Nintendo 3DS, but Nintendo have not yet announced just when the service will be available to 3DS users.