The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was the best-selling game in the U.S. during the month of February, Nintendo and the NPD Group reported this afternoon. The game sold 515,000 units between retail and digital copies. It was the #1 game in the NPD software sales chart.
(That makes Majora’s Mask 3D the fastest-selling handheld Zelda game in U.S. history.)
Meanwhile, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate did extremely well, too, selling 290,000 copies, including both retail and download copies. It was the #10 game in the NPD software sales chart, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is now the fastest-selling Monster Hunter title across all platforms in U.S. history.
Meanwhile, the Nintendo 3DS family (including New 3DS XL) sold 395,000 units during the month of February in the U.S. “Through the first two months of 2015, sales of Nintendo 3DS hardware have increased by more than 90 percent over sales in the same period in 2014,” Nintendo said in a press release.
Here’s the full NPD software sales chart for the month of February:
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS)
- Evolve (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Dying Light (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- The Order: 1886 (PS4)
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)