Tetsuya Nomura has been pretty busy after Square Enix revealed Final Fantasy VII’s PlayStation 4 remake at E3, which he’ll be directing, but we also got the latest look at Kingdom Hearts III, another game he’s directing. He shared more details in an interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
- Kingdom Hearts III’s battle system won’t be like Birth by Sleep’s deck commands, but it will be more on the traditional side with commands like “fight” and “magic”.
- With free run being implemented in the game, Sora’s mobility will be different. He’ll be able to go over most things by simply jumping and running, and will also get to run up walls.
- Besides Olympus, most of Kingdom Hearts III’s worlds will be new, like the Tangled world that was shown during E3.
- As Nomura previously stated, Kingdom Hearts III will conclude Xehanort’s story, but the Kingdom Hearts series won’t end. (Kingdom Hearts III will conclude the “Dark Seeker” part of the series, to be precise.) Square Enix have already decided on what to do with the characters that fans care about, and they going to avoid doing things that may be disappointing.
- Square Enix have already decided on a release window, but can’t reveal it yet. More details will be revealed during the D23 Expo fan event that takes place on November 3rd.
- Kingdom Hearts III’s development is going smoothly. They’re currently thinking about secret movies and what to have at the end.
Kingdom Hearts III is in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.